Question about OSM

• netnog
  • netnog's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #12408 by netnog
Question about OSM was created by netnog
Hello Dmitry, in the Netherlands is a long-distance walk spread over 26 stages. I am investigating with the owner if we can use your Joomla software to display the routes with the markers. Looks promising already.
In concept, a detail page of a stage looks like this: pieterpad.netnog.nl/millingen-groesbeek (test domain)
Is there a possibility to divide the category table over several columns? A extra number of categories are added and that gives a better image distribution.
In addition, I am looking for whether the own location can be displayed within the map. (where am I now). Don't come out right yet. Hope you can help / advise us. Then the last points are resolved and we can continue, I think. Thanks in advance for your response and if it succeeds this will also be a nice example site for your portfolio :-)
Kind regards, Henk
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by netnog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #12412 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Question about OSM
Hi.
Lets step by step analyse.
By your link I can see your route (GPX track) and management placemarks by group list.
What do you need to see. Not flat group, or not only group but description (ie some other text in group display). Need more description what you want.

As for own location - you can enable geolocation button and by pressing it you can get map centered in your location. As you can automatically to set it (if enable autopositioning in map details).
Give more explaination for your wishes and I'll answer you more detailed.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• netnog
More
4 years 11 months ago #12413 by netnog
Replied by netnog on topic Question about OSM
Hello Dima,
Thanks for your response and sorry that i was incomplete. What I want is that the categories at the top of the map divide into a number of columns, the width of the map. I add an example (attachment) and made it with photoshop for the idea.
Hope I have explained it a little better now.
Thanks and regards, Henk
Attachments:

• netnog
More
4 years 11 months ago #12414 by netnog
Replied by netnog on topic Question about OSM
Hello Dima,
I enabled the geolocation and i can see the button in de left corner. But on a click i get: "Fout: De Geolocatie dienst is mislukt" (Error: The Geolocation service has failed).
Do I have to set anything or download a plugin?

More
4 years 11 months ago #12415 by Dima
Hi.
When you press button, browser show question about share location - answer yes. If you set it doesn't ask again - go to browser settings and remove (or allow) for your domain.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
4 years 11 months ago #12416 by Dima
Like this

When I press Allow

When I decline

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Donate

Go to top