Article marker on a map

• iltexano
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #12566 by iltexano
Article marker on a map was created by iltexano
Hello, i would like to know if this extension has this feature that i'm actually using with google maps, but since it's not free anymore i would like to use openstreetmaps, that i already use for trekking.

The plugin i use right now let me write an article and in a field i can put coordinates and stop, in the module map it appears as a marker, linked to the article.

Your extension works like this? I like how it works, very similar to what i'm using now, but as i have many articles it would be nice if i do not have to do everything with lots of passages!

Can i link my website to show you what i mean (i'm not sure i explained my self very well!!) :P

Thanks for your dedication in developing for joomla and giving us users free extensions!

Manuel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #12567 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Article marker on a map
Hi Manuel

Today my extension has 2 types of using map
1 - common way - you create map with its attributes, create placemarks and etc. If you need to link articke with marker - in integration attributes of marker you select your article.
After that you display map, and you can see markers and you can go to article
2 - k2 overview map - you configure my plugin for k2 to get coordinates and some parameters (icon...) from special fields of k2 item. After that you publish k2 overview map module and when users search k2 items - I get article list and display it
After that user use search k2 items and get not only list of articles, but also map with links

Your case it is like #2. I don't know how you enter coordinates to your article,but I can analyse code (if your extension is free) and can add this feature. I think it is not too hard, because I can reuse my K2 overview map in your case.

You can send me email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with some explanations (links and/or images) to analyse more details.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• iltexano
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #12568 by iltexano
Replied by iltexano on topic Article marker on a map
mail sent! :)

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Donate

Go to top