Elevation and custom icons from GPX

• lifeintravel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #13065 by lifeintravel
Elevation and custom icons from GPX was created by lifeintravel
Hi Dima,
i have two questions about rendering paths in zhosmmap:
  1. is there an option to show the elevation of a path underneath the map (as there was in zhgooglemaps) like the one they use in, for example, Ride with GPS app? (see this example: bikepacking.com/routes/high-cascades-ove...ascades-overnighter/ )
  2. we were speaking some times ago about how i can set custom icons in a path that gets the data from GPX files ("GPX parser" option on File layer tab in path)
    You where saying mr that For icons in gpx - it is internal names, for example "Flag, Blue" I can't produce this icon. But I have idea. Create folder for gpx icons, and get icons by this name from it. As user have to upload icons with this names to this folder
    Could you explain a bit further how i can point the gpx file to get the icon from my own folder?

Thanks a lot for giving me a feedback,
Leonardo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #13066 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Elevation and custom icons from GPX
Hi Leonardo.

As for elevation. In Google extension I use Google's library for visualization, and it can draw charts.
As for OpenStreetMap - I need to find flexible chart JavaScript library, which can take data and draw chart. About few months I think I found, but didn't check yet.

Here link to library
www.chartjs.org/samples/latest/

Ie in my Internal Parser I can take third value (elevation), and if I will have library for charts - I can draw it.

As for icons.
It was only idea. I didn't implement it, but I can try to do it.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
4 years 2 months ago #13067 by Dima
Aha. I remember.
I did icon override for GPX.
Create group.In group property select icon you want to use.

And in path details just set Internal Parser, assign your group to path.
And set Override Placemarks to Yes in internal parser options (in path details)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
4 years 2 months ago #13068 by Dima
But if you want to have different icons (which are defined in GPX file), I can think of implementing what I wrote above (special folder for predefined icons with GPX names)

• lifeintravel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #13069 by lifeintravel
Replied by lifeintravel on topic Elevation and custom icons from GPX
Hi Dima,
thanks for your quick answers.

Elevation: Thanks, I will check the link you sent me and see if i can understand how to integrate the javascript.

Icons: yes i saw the override option and it's great in some cases, but it only applies one type of icon per path... what i would like to have is one icon per type of waypoint (as you said in your last message). I mean: hotel has an icon, road has another icon, grocery another and so on... and i can specify on my gpx file if i want the waypoint to be hotel, grocery or road.

Thanks,
Leonardo

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #13070 by Dima
You can't integrate library to elevation. I show link to library just to show what I found to create elevation diagram. But I need read more can I interact with diagram (chart) with map. Now I don't know. Probably I need to use some other library. I'm only in investigation stage ;)

As for icons - today in hour-two check new release of component.
I added folders gpx into component, where you need to save your icons. I check, all works. Now you just need to create your own icons with special names and upload into folders (depends on compatibility mode).

When I did release I post addition information

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Dima.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Donate

Go to top