MAP - Markers - Importing a list of KML or KMZ

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #13273 by Dom
Hi,

How to import a KML or KMZ files into a map for a group in a several categories ?

I would like to display on my site, thanks to your partner (BRAVO!), An aeronautical map in which it would be possible to display airports, prohibited areas, restricted areas, etc ... or all as on this map created outside my website ?
Google map example

I, therefore, have files for each (gps points, dots icons) of airports (group?) , helipads (group?), UML (group?) databases but also files of the areas concerned (green or red areas), etc.

How to import these files (kml) without having to create a marker one by one?

Regards
Dom
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #13275 by Dima
Hi Dom
My extension has a few features to work with KML/GPX
As you know, this files can contain placemarks, tracks...
I created my own parser to get all data from it and show results. Moreover I have the other parser (omnivore) that process KML/GPX files and show paths (tracks, routes) and in this case I override its color settings by mine.

You don't need to create each placmark. You can easy use KML/GPX data.
Just create one path with link to your file. You need to know 2 thing
- if your files are on the other site (URL), you have to configure your host due to CORS problem (use local copies of file or enable reference to in on another site)
- I created my own parser (Internal Parser in type of File Layer) for KML/GPX files, therefore I can control anything of those files

And you can set for this paths different categories and groups to manage it.

We can step by step do what you want. Just post what you do, and what you expect.

Feel free to mail me if you need: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Dima.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #13280 by Dom
Hi Dima,

Thank you for your reply ...

I allow myself as you proposed to me to contact you by email. This is to convey to you what I want to do!

I had already created such a card thanks to Google Earth and Google Maps! (attachment)

I want to make an aeronautical map of France with several layers:
  • French airspace
  • aerodromes
  • helipads
  • Ulm bases
  • Obstacles
  • Prohibited areas (P)
  • Areas prohibited from aerial photography

So, I created an "aeronautical" map in your joomla component. Then I create as many groups as layers and an "aero" category for displaying popups. That's right ?

Then, on the server directory from my site's browser, I create a folder that will contain all my KMLs.

Then where do I enter these URLs? What should you watch out for in the map or group settings? Should each KMLs url be relative (../directory/layer.kml) or strict (www.mydomain.com/directory/layer.kml)?

Another big thank you for your add-on and your help!
Regards
Dom
Attachments:

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #13282 by Dima
You can step by step do what you want.
1 - create map
2 - upload KML file to your server
3 - create path, enter in file layer tab link to your file (full or relative in case you will use Layer Type like (Internal Parser))
4 - check your result, ie publish map and check.

Then if you need to show/hide your paths with KML files go to next stage
1 - create group
2 - assign group to path
3 - enable group management and enable manage paths with KML
4 - check your results ;)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #13283 by Dima
If your KML file contains points, you can override its icons. And if you want to manage it by groups then set not only manage paths, but also set manage placemarks too.

Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Dima.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #13330 by Dom
Hello,
I can't do anything ...
Do you have a demo site with administrator access to better understand the links?
Would you be able to use the kml files that I provided in a previous email for a didactic? Would that be a textbook case?
Thank you for your help
Greetings from France,
Dom

Nota : There could be a display bug when the Groups or lists are placed under the map! This does go directly under the map and shifts the footer of the map to the right!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Donate

Go to top