Showing GPX on map

More
4 years 4 days ago #13407 by Guust
Showing GPX on map was created by Guust
I feel like a fool, but I can't seem to get it all working to show a GPX on a Map (or even a map on my site)
The documentation is not helping me either.

All I've done so far is: first created a map
Then I created a Path and selected the previous created map and inserted the GPX file that is located on my server (relative path) under File Layers
I created a Module with this Map and added it to an artcle.. that eventually stays empty.
What am I doing wrong.

Is there a stap by step guide to help me out. all I want is a simple map with on top a GPX file layer with an elevation profile (

And besides allt hat, I was wondering if it is possible to load a map directly in an article instead of using a Module?

Any help is appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 days ago #13408 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Showing GPX on map
Hi.
For insert map into article - use plugin. Check docs for syntax.

As for module - check, probably you have the other extension, that use onload function to initialize. If yes - just set in component options the other way to initialize, for example JQuery ready.

I can't tell more without direct link to page with map

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
4 years 4 days ago - 4 years 4 days ago #13409 by Guust
Replied by Guust on topic Showing GPX on map
You can see what I've created so far: tinyurl.com/trb3kem It is only the map that is showing :S and not the GPX track

What do you mean with this: If yes - just set in component options the other way to initialize, for example JQuery ready. Where can this be found?
JQuery should be used if i"m not mistaking?

Well.. I'm confused.. I deleted al the cache created a new path and it al worked... I spend hours figuring out what I was doing wrong. Now it works and I still don't know :S

A finall question. Is it posible to work with colors in the elevation provile? When going ascent it show red and descent green or blue ?
Last edit: 4 years 4 days ago by Guust. Reason: I'm a fool

More
4 years 4 days ago #13410 by Dima
I'm confused too, because it have to work out of box ;)

As for colors for different elevation step - I need to analyse do I have ability to do with current elevation plugin, or I need to create my own

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
4 years 4 days ago - 4 years 4 days ago #13412 by Guust
Replied by Guust on topic Showing GPX on map
Should be a nice feature..
I'm going to do some more testing and finetuning to see if this is good alternatice for the plugin i'm using right now.
The first thing I noticed is that it is not repsonsive. Setting a Map width of 100% is corrected to 100 px. Is there a way to make it responsive?
Today's visitors are more and more from phones and tablets.

It seems when you use the code within an article and put width on 0 it is responsive: {zhosmmap:1;11;OSM;0;400}
So it works like charm..
Last edit: 4 years 4 days ago by Guust. Reason: Figured it out myself (again) :-)

More
4 years 4 days ago #13420 by Dima
OK

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

Donate

Go to top