Dynamic map from database fields

• lesjar
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #13988 by lesjar
Dynamic map from database fields was created by lesjar
I am writing a flight simulation Virtual Airline using Joomla Gantry5 Helium template. I have no problem in getting a single map on a page showing the airport for that page as I can hard code the latitude and longitude for each airport and thus create 90 named modules one per airport. However is there a better way such as having the same module on every airport page but is fed the data for that airport from database fields i.e. variables
If this is possible then the second part of my question follows on from this as I have some 3000 flight schedules that as you might guess go from airport to airport and I would like to draw a line between these two airports as a sort of simple route map . Again I do not wantto create some 3000 seperate maps with hard-coded co-ordinates , is there a way to do this with your modules.
i have used openstreetmaps with leaflet in a php driven website with one map being populated from database fields depending on the criteria of the route . Any help or example will be grateful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #13990 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Dynamic map from database fields
Hi.

You can check my docs

wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php/Zh_OpenStreetMap_Visualization

I support external tables and databases to create map objects.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• lesjar
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #13992 by lesjar
Replied by lesjar on topic Dynamic map from database fields
thank you i did not see the visualisaion page on the documentation left panel. The document will be very helpful now
However I think I will still have to create one item per page as I will get the lat/lon from my table using the IATA code for the airport as I do not see anywhere that I could pass a parameter to the SQL . Maybe thats something that you could add into the MODULE so that when I drop the module onto a page there could be a something that you can set for the sql statement such as a key or value then it would dynamically get used

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Go to top