Multi category/group + dotted lines

• frete
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #12903 by frete
Thank you for an excellent extension! If it is possible technical, it would be very useful if a path/placemark could have more than one category and/or group. Now I need to duplicate paths and placemarks to cover all needs.

And a question: I was asked if if I could change some path lines with different colors to for example dotted lines, for user-friendliness (people with bad vision). I do not think it is possible today, would it be possible to have for example dotted or double lines?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #12906 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Multi category/group + dotted lines
Hi.

For question #2
- I can add parameters to do it. In leaflet library (which I use) there are 2 options for paths: dashArray and dashOffset
here doc leafletjs.com/reference-1.6.0.html#path
here mozilla doc developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG...ute/stroke-dasharray

I can add 2 fields to define it

As for #1
- you can use your map objects (plcemarks, paths ...) by lists (you don't need to create its copies) in menu item parameters, module or plugin calls. I can add more examples into FAQ or tutorials.
Or you can use tags, but today you can only display in in popup. You can write me more details for hat reason you want to use it, and I'll think of it.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Dima.

• frete
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #12908 by frete
Replied by frete on topic Multi category/group + dotted lines
Sounds cool about the leaflet options!

You are right, you can use lists of path/placemark IDs, but I find it so much easier and clear to assign and use categories/groups.

Let me take one example. I have a map of railways (paths and placemarks). They have different attributes (some have passenger traffic, some not and so on). There are different train companies as well, using the same railways ( = paths).

Then it would be so much easier to assign categories and/or groups to display the same paths and placemarks in different ways and maps. The path is the same but it has X attributes ( = categories/groups). For example, one path could be assigned Traffic type 1 and Traffic type 2, as well as Train company 1 and Train company 2. Today you are limited to one category and one group.

Using Joomla tags sounds very interesting and promising as well!

• frete
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #12932 by frete
Replied by frete on topic Multi category/group + dotted lines
When I use the module I can have a path group list to show and hide different paths. But no placemarks will show at the same time, even if I they belong to the same group. Adding them to placemark group list in the module settings doesn´t help either. Maybe I´m doing something wrong? Is it possible to show both paths and placemarks with one click in a group list, using the module?

A small wish: please allow html in Map - Groups - Top description/Bottom description :)

More
4 years 2 months ago #12943 by Dima
As for managing placemarks and paths at once - just in map details manage placemarks to Yes, and manage paths to Yes. It is separate fields.

As for descriptions - I'll think of it.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
4 years 2 months ago #12957 by Dima
Hi.
I added ability to filter placemarks and paths by tags
- added 2 fields in menu item (map) and in module
You can add tags for your paths and use it in call difference maps

As for plugin call for tags - it will be later

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

Donate

Go to top