[Solved?]Got plenty of code but no map

• TMotran
  • TMotran's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Bull
More
10 years 7 months ago #3652 by TMotran
Replied by TMotran on topic Got plenty of code but no map
Tried dynamicc loading with both JQ and MooTools --- still broken unless rokbox is completely diabled. I don't mind looking for the problem, just give me an idea what I'm looking for and I'll post my results...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TMotran
  • No Bull
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3653 by TMotran
Okay:
In the current RokBox system plugin, inside plugins/system/rokbox/assets/rokbox.js (I had to run it through JSPretty to make it somewhat readable) there is a Class created
((function () {
    if (typeof this.RokBox == "undefined") {
        this.RokBox = {};
    }
    this.RokBox.Media = new Class({...
...which implements options and events for several different formats of media, the last format in the list being Google Maps, like so:
                google_maps: {
                    matcher: /maps\.google\.([a-z]{2,3}(\.[a-z]{2})?)\/(\?ll=|maps\?)(.*)/i,
                    type: "iframe",
                    aspect: {
                        w: 640,
                        h: 480
                    },
                    url: function (a, b) {
                        return "//maps.google." + a[1] + "/" + a[3] + "" + a[4] + "&output=" + (a[4].indexOf("layer=c") > 0 ? "svembed" : "embed");
                    }
                }
If I completely get rid of this case (just for Google Maps in this function, which leaves all other media formats untouched and available for use in a RokBox modal popup), ZHGoogleMaps works under any configuration of dynamic loading, including 'no'
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by TMotran.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3656 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Got plenty of code but no map
Do you have direct link to your page with map, I need to look through page code.

If no - can you save your page source and give me it.

PS the other problem, which like this breaks code - it is email address in infowin - in this case joomla's email cloak plugin (Content - Email Cloaking) works (you can see it in my forum about that - search cloak)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• TMotran
  • No Bull
More
10 years 7 months ago #3668 by TMotran
For Pete's sake!

I updated ZHGM to 5.x earlier, and was still seeing the old behavior with RokBox original script file. Implemented my "improved" RokBox script file, and problem solved. Then I reverted to the original RokBox code to get you an example of the error to look at and now I've got a tidy ZHGoogleMap with no visible problems. Cleared both Site and Browser (Firefox) caches, still no problem

What the heck? If I didn't have the screenshots and a hacked copy of the RokBox script, I'd be quite a bit more embarrassed. As it is, I apologize for having wasted so much of your time!

If the behavior repeats itself, I'll make a quick copy and post it. For now, call the problem "solved"...

More
10 years 7 months ago #3671 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Got plenty of code but no map
May be you change code, but you have cache (joomla cache, or some extension), or browser cache problem.

OK. That's good in case solved :)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• TMotran
  • No Bull
More
10 years 7 months ago #3674 by TMotran
Yep, that's what I was thinking too. Went through and cleared the Browser cache, went to Joomla! admin and cleared the site cache, went on my hosting account and cleared the cache there, too. Haha, I want to see the problem again to make all this worth your time, but no go! ZH just works!

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Donate

Go to top