Updating fro Joomla 3 to 4

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #15128 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Updating fro Joomla 3 to 4
Hi
I think it is due to some backup-restore problem. Did you do it?

In my case when I migrate from 3 to 4 and got error in SQL, I got this problem and component did not installed correctly.

What version of extension do you have (or can rollback from backup)? And it can work.

Yesterday I fixed problem in admin panel for joomla 4.4 case, and did release only component. Today I did release for all package.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Dima.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• frete
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 1 week ago #15129 by frete
Replied by frete on topic Updating fro Joomla 3 to 4
I am using MigrateMe 4 for migrating to Joomla 4. It creates a copy of all your files in a new separate folder (and new tables with a new prefix in the database) so you can test the migration first, update third party extensions and so on, before making it your live site.

I tried to install pkg_zhosmmap-j4-15.23.10.9-final.zip. The version I have been using in Joomla 3 is 7.22.1.11.

I can probably try the migration process from the start again, but I don´t think it will make any difference since the process would be the same. I have installed other extensions in Joomla 4 without the same problem.

More
6 months 1 week ago #15130 by Dima
You didn't do correct step of upgrade.
You need to install last version before upgrade

As for J3 - it is pkg_zhosmmap-j3-7.22.6.14-final.zip

It means you need in j3 do check update and install last version 7.22.6.14
And after that you can do upgrade to j4

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• frete
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 1 week ago #15131 by frete
Looks like the update check in Joomla 3 did not work properly, it could not find any newer version so I had to install pkg_zhosmmap-j3-7.22.6.14-final.zip manually.

But having the latest version installed did not help I am afraid - I still get the same error (Duplicate column name 'url_template') in Joomla 4 when I try to install pkg_zhosmmap-j4-15.23.10.9-final.zip.

I have also tried to uninstall the Zh-plugins before I install pkg_zhosmmap-j4-15.23.10.9-final.zip, but that does not help.

More
6 months 1 week ago #15132 by Dima
Last release (it is not in JED), only in extension manager update is

zhuk.cc/files/pkg_zhosmmap-j4-15.23.10.19-final.zip

You can try to install it manually, just unzip, go to
com_zhosmmap\admin\sql\updates\mysql\
find file with your column name and remove string for it

But save what you remove in your file, because you will need to do alter table manually

After that zip file and try to upload

• frete
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 1 week ago #15133 by frete
Thanks for the answer, but I do not really understand how I should do this (I am not a programmer). In com_zhosmmap\admin\sql\updates\mysql\ there is just a lot of sql-files. Which one should I edit and how? (I am not sure if I have a program that can opens sql files).

And if the upload go well, do I have to do something afterwards since you say I have to alter a table manually?

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Donate

Go to top